Wednesday 21 May 2014

Welcome!

Welcome to the first ever instalment of "I Have To Review This." In this blog you will find a number of eclectic music reviews and music related verbal vomit whenever I feel like writing. I created this blog for a number of reasons:

a) I love music
b) I love talking about music
c) Nobody in real life can abide listening to me talk about music for very long
d) I'm gonna develop my creative writing skills goddamnit

Although these are the reasons why I created this blog, I wanted to give myself a challenge beyond writing reviews of music that I like. So I came up with a process to determine what music I would actually be reviewing. This process involves putting my music library on shuffle and reviewing whatever album my computer chooses. It should be noted that my library is indeed extensive, growing at an exponential rate (as I am fortunate enough to live in a geographical location and time where we have more access to music than we know what do with) and eclectic as fuck. Seriously, if you manage to alienate everyone in a room simply by playing your iPod on shuffle, then you might enjoy this blog.

This process means a number of things for my blog. It means I might have to review Public Enemy when I really just wanna listen to Phil Collins. It also means this blog could turn into a black metal review site with one random-ass review of Weird Al Yankovic's Running With Scissors. It really depends on the ambiguity of the iTunes shuffle gods. But that's also kind of the fun part. So I hope you stay tuned and bare with me as my reviews (hopefully) improve.



No comments:

Post a Comment