Monday 16 June 2014

Download Heavy Hearted in Doldrums by Antwon

I'm a bit late on this release, but if you're into alternative hip-hop (think Death Grips, clipping. Cities Aviv, etc.) then you need to check this out. I think Heavy Hearted in Doldrums might be my favourite 2014 hip-hop release next to CLPPNG thus far.

Antwon's voice is somewhere between Biggie and Billy Woods, while the beats he raps over range from old school bangers to strangely ambient electro with elements of goth and post rock. The fact that Antwon has roots in the noise punk scene might account for some of this weirdness.

The download is still available at unifclothing.com or you can stream the full album below. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to be listening to Cold Tears on repeat forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment